Search This Blog

Why I Liked Growing Up in The Valley

For my next couple of posts I though I would get a little bit more personal and discuss my thoughts on living in the Rio Grande Valley. With that I am going to discuss the top reason that I loved growing up in the. These reasons are what I found great about living here and why I think that the Rio Grande Valley is a great place to live.


  1. The first reason that liked growing up in the Valley was simply the culture. One of the best parts about living in the Valley was that it has a relatively unique culture. The culture is equal parts American and equal parts Mexican. I really liked this because it allowed me to keep in touch with my Mexican roots. What I have learned over time is that people who grow farther from there cultural homeland tend to loose touch with their respective culture. But by living on the border I was able to maintain a strong connection to my Mexican American heritage.
  2. Another reason that I liked growing up in the Valley is not as poignant as my first reason, it is simply the weather. The weather in the Rio Grande Valley is warm year round and I grew very accustomed to it. Although it almost unbearable hot during the summer, the rest of the year is in mostly in the 80s and is very nice. I really came to appreciated this especially after moving to New York City and experiencing a freezing cold for the first time.
  3. And another reason that I like living in the Valley is that people in the Valley have a lot of pride in the Valley. Although some people say that they want to leave, the Valley, everyone from here truly loves it and is happy that they are from here.
These are just a few of the reasons that I am happy to have grown up in the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment